torsdag 11 augusti 2011

Valentine's Day


Title: Valentine's Day.
Playtime: 125 min.
Genre: Romance Comedy
Release Date: 12 February 2011

Okay, I know what you must be thinking about me watching this film; "He was probably forced to see it by his girlfriend." Well let me tell you that It was nothing like that! I, myself offered to watch it together with her... after being urged to see it a number of times :)
I can honestly say now, afterwards, that it was not as cheesy and boring as I thought it would be, and I probably will watch the second one (New year's eve), as it's a chick-flick even guys can enjoy.

As I love to think about what's really going on while watching movies, I always enjoy multiple main-characters with a story bound to one another's.
We get to follow more than 10 totally different people, and watch as they celebrate Valentine's day in their own special way, mixing both comedy and romance to display it.
Holden Wilson (Bradley Cooper) spends most of the day on a plane, Reed Bennett (Ashton Kutcher) proposes to his girlfriend (Jessica Alba), Kelvin Moore (Jamie Foxx) does a repotage about this very day, and Kara Monahan (Jessica Biel) is planning her anual "We who hate valentine's day-dinner".
It is, least said, amusing to watch the different characters affect eachother's own story, and at the same time figure out what's going to happen next.
Some are left happy and filled with love, while others are simply left alone, with a large gap in their heart. Who will stay happy at the end of the day, and how will things settle for the intertwining couples and singles?

To the male audience's... and maybe some women's delight, the two sexiest Jessica's in Hollywood have a part in this film, and one quickly discovers that it contains loads of famous and talented actors.
I must say that I wasn't dissappointed with the acting of any actor in this movie, but then again, they are very experienced within their job. (Though I never expected to see Taylor Swift in a movie).

If I were to find a less good attribute with the film, it would be the lack of suspense and the feeling of a new surprice waitng around every corner. Instead, I found the film quite predictable, and not many events came unknowingly, apart from one...
Apart from this movie not being able to escape my extreme sense of knowing what will happen next (lol), I thought it was a well written work with loads of laughs and mixed feelings for the different characters.
For all you guys out there being unsure whether this movie actually sucks or not, I say you should give it a clean chance... Because after all.. it has your favorite actresses in it ;)

This movie gets the rating 7 out of 10.


1 kommentar: