fredag 19 augusti 2011

Hanna

Title: Hanna.
Playtime: 111 min.
Genre: Action.
Release Date: 8 April 2011.

Hanna is a film I've been meaning to see for a while, but just never took the time to watch it. Ever since my girlfriend saw it at the cinema, she's been urging me too watch it, and in later days, review it.
So, here I am, writing a review of a film I normally wouldn't be attracted to, mostly because I had heard about some german dude whistling a jolly tune in it.
While the cause was kind of... wierd, my means were pure, and with a bowl of potato chips and some dip I sat down and enjoyed a different kind of film.

Hanna (Saoirse Ronan) is a 16-year old girl who's been raised in the forest and have trained to live like an assassin and a hunter. She knows everything anyone has to know about adapting and surviving alone, making her the ultimate soldier. Boy, we can already expect some saucy action scenes!
Hanna doesn't know much about the outside world, other than what her father has told her, by reading from a book, keeping her updated of science and culture. She has a large database of knowledge in her brain and could outsmart the most adults. 
Despite her knowledge, she has never heard any kind of music, seen any other human beings, nor has she witnessed the power of electricity.
As everyone know, none can keep a such large thing as the outside world hidden for a young child forever, which is exactly the case in this movie.
Hanna is ready to fight off any danger and survive all on her own, but what happens when she interacts with a world she's never seen before?

Saoirse Ronan is an actor I've never seen before, but I can see that she's talented both in acting and staging a fight. I can definately see her acting in future films.

Eric Bana (displaying Erik) constantly reminds me of a man I used to know, and it makes me expect him to do something funny, since the man I knew always made some random funny gestures. It's sad that I can't take him seriously, but I thought he was the right man for the role.

Cate Blanchett is this films most famous actress and she has a very important role in the film as the devious main villain. 
I did not like her character at all, which I'll have to guess was the point with it, but still, I nearly hated her character, even though she acted well.

Not as good things with the movie:
It felt kind of B..
The scenes where she does impossible things. (truck, bed).
Too little time for the story... everything just got wrapped up real quick at the end.

Bottom line, it was an enjoyable movie, not because of its' super-blockbuster effects, but instead for its' charm and interesting plot. I liked the beginning more than the ending, and the action scenes were kind of "meh", while some were more bad-ass.

This movie gets the rating 6 out of 10.



1 kommentar:

  1. But isn't it nice sometimes when movies aren't really supercool? From times to times it's comfortable to watch a "B movie" and enjoy the lack of special effects :)

    SvaraRadera